Sales superstar recognised at ARV Industry Awards
Creativity and an exceptional ability to match services with customers’ needs has earned Melbourne’s Bianca Barrot the Aquatics & Recreation Victoria (ARV) Membership Sales Award, sponsored by Jonas Leisure.
The award was presented by Jonas Leisure Chief Executive Mike Henton at the ARV Industry Awards Gala, held at Peninsula in Melbourne on 14 June.
Ms Barrot works for Casey Aquatic and Recreation Centre in the Melbourne suburb of Narre Warren. The centre, which is owned by the City of Casey and Managed by YMCA Victoria, provides a wide range of facilities including swimming pools, a gym, group fitness studio, an on-site café and a health clinic offering massage and physiotherapy.
The ARV award judges noted that Ms Barrot had achieved proven results through creativity and meaningful engagement with potential Casey Aquatic and Recreation Centre members.
“Her positive attitude towards the services, facilities, and prospects is fantastic. Bianca upsells well which shows she is considering all of the customer’s needs.”
Mr Henton said it was an honour to be able to present the award to Ms Barrot at the gala dinner.
“The ARV Industry Awards are always a highlight and it was fantastic to be at this year’s gala recognising some of the stars of our industry.
“Ms Barrot is a shining example of the immense value sales and membership professionals can add with determination and the right team and technology behind them.”
The ARV Industry Awards are held annually to recognise outstanding individuals, facilities and programs that have contributed to the growth and continued success of the aquatics and recreation industry in Victoria.
The other ARV Industry Awards 2019 award winners were:
- Duty Manager Award – Katarina Behan
- Pool Lifeguard Award – Mai Davies
- Customer Service Award – Gayle Turner
- Swim Teacher Award – Daniel Joel Webber
- Swim Teacher for Infants, Toddlers and Preschool Award – Kylie Titheridge
- Swim Teacher for Persons with a Disability Award – Khyl Cornwill
- Swim School Award – WaterMarc
- Watch Around Water Award – AquaPulse – Western Leisure Services
- Most Valuable Employee Award – Lisa Gawne
- Marketing and Communications Award – Oak Park Sports and Aquatic Centre
- Innovative Program Award – LIFT, Young Men’s Wellness Program – Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Sustainability Award – Leisurelink Aquatic and Recreation Centre
- Group Exercise Instructor Award – Lisa Higgs
- Personal Trainer Award – Joanne Narayan
- Health Club Award – Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
- Community Impact Award – Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre
- Facility Management Award- Seasonal – Orbost Outdoor Pool
- Facility Management Award- Small – Deakin ACTIVE Waurn Ponds
- Facility Management Award- Large – Splash Aqua Park and Leisure Centre
- Course Presenter Award – Mark Cooper
- Outstanding Contribution to the Aquatics and Recreation Industry Award – Dr Jeff Walkley